Alkaline food is also known as food with alkalinity. They reduce the overload on the body’s acid detoxification system. An alkaline diet focuses on alkaline foods. These are the whole fruits, vegetables and some whole grains with low calorie density. Good alkaline diets involve the ideal balance between acid feed and alkaline food.
The body has a number of neutral organ systems and eliminates excess acid. But to do so effectively it is necessary to have an acid limit even for a healthy body. The body has the ability to maintain an acid-alkaline balance with the condition of properly functioning organs, alkaline balanced diets, and avoiding other acid-producing factors such as tobacco use.
However, people today regularly consume acid foods such as meats, milk, corn, wheat, and refined sugars, which overwhelme the mechanism of removing excess acid of the body. The alkaline diet significantly reduces the amount of this excess acid. Therefore, it helps to reduce the overload on the body’s acid detoxification system, such as kidney.
LIST OF ALKALINE FOODS
- Vegetables: turnips, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, kale, cucumber, salad, onion, peas, peppers, spinach
- Fruit: Apple, banana, berries, cantaloupe, grapes, pumpkin, lemon, orange, peach, pear, watermelon
- Proteins: almonds, nuts, tofu
- Spice: cinnamon, curry, ginger, mustard, sea salt
Note: The tendency to shape the acidity or alkalinity in the body of a food is not the actual pH of that food. As citrus fruits, though seems to have acidic effects on the body. However, in fact, their citric acid actually has a alkaline effect.
BENEFITS OF ALKALINE FOOD
- Increases the amount of oxygen in the blood
- Preventing the formation of lactic acid can be harmful to your health
- Stimulates various functions and processes in your body
- Promotes the process of restoration and regeneration of cells in the body
- Maintaining the normal pH level of the body
- Helps different organs in the body to function normally
- Optimizing the body’s ability to absorb different vitamins and minerals
Follow Dora CosmePharm on Facebook to get new posts now!